Club Policies & Procedures
Our Club Policies & Procedures
The enforcement of these rules and policies is for the good of all members to assure the comforts and services to which each member of Innovative Health & Fitness is entitled. Management has the right to suspend or withdraw club privileges from any member, who in their opinion, has abused prescribed privileges or conducted himself or herself in a manner detrimental to Innovative Health & Fitness or its members. Such expulsion or suspension shall become effective immediately upon payment to such member of the pro-rated portion of their unused dues. There will be no refund of the enrollment fee. The manager or designee shall have complete charge of the club while on duty. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask for the manager at the front desk. Innovative Health & Fitness shall not be held responsible or liable by any member or guest for personal injury damage or loss of personal property for any reason. Anyone using Innovative Health & Fitness facilities does so at their own risk. #ihfcares
The club hours are subject to change without notice. The management reserves the right to close Innovative Health & Fitness from time to time to facilitate club programs and on certain holidays.
All members are issued a membership card. Photo of member is required for security purposes. The card must be presented at the front desk each time you enter the building for access to the facility. A $5 fee will be charged for replacement of a lost membership card. Cards are non-transferable. Violation of this condition will result in termination of membership without refund. A $5 fee will be charged for each card not returned upon cancellation.
Payment for Membership
Membership dues are collected through electronic funds transfer out of checking account, MasterCard, Discover or Visa.
We offer three types of Medical Freezes: Medical, Military and Personal.
- Medical Freeze: A medical freeze will require written medical documentation from a doctor, precluding the member from using the facility. The note from the member’s doctor needs to state what the member’s limitations are and how long they need to be out for. There is no fee or prior notice needed for a medical freeze. The freeze will coincide with the member’s bill cycle. The maximum time on a medical freeze is one year and requires updated documentation from M.D. every three months. Contact membership for details.
- Military Freeze: A military freeze will require proof of military activation. Contact membership for details.
- Personal Freeze: We offer personal freezes meant for those who are planning to be out of the area for a few months at a time. These freezes are available once per calendar year at a cost of $9/month. Contact membership for details.
Cancellation of Membership
We would hate to see you leave, but understand that sometimes there is no way around it. Members must provide a 30-day written notice, in advance of the draft date (bill date), in order to terminate their membership. All membership cards must be turned in at the time of cancellation (or a $5 fee per card will be issued) and a termination form must be completed. No terminations will be accepted over the phone. There is no refund for cancellation of prepaid memberships. Click here for who to contact for cancellation processing.
Innovative Health & Fitness complies with the intent and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need any special assistance or accommodations, please call or stop by the Front Desk.
Innovative Health & Fitness happily welcomes all individuals of legal adult age to become a member of the club and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of the Innovative Health & Fitness community. Individuals who feel uncomfortable choosing between the men’s or women’s locker rooms are welcome to use our private, unisex (family) locker rooms located in the hallway outside the pool area. Members who have a child over the age of 18 months of the opposite sex with him/her are required to use our private, uni-sex (family ) locker rooms located in the hallway outside of the pool area.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Items
Please safeguard your belongings while you are with us. We suggest you keep articles of value with you. Innovative Health & Fitness, its affiliates, agents or employees, shall not be liable for the loss, theft or damage of personal property of members or guests. If you have a locker key, you are responsible for it. There is a $10 fee if key is lost. Keep it with you the entire time you are at Innovative Health & Fitness. Please leave gym bags locked in lockers. Innovative Health & Fitness is not responsible for shrinkage or discoloration to items that we launder.
Pets are not allowed at Innovative Health & Fitness. Special accommodations for guide/service dogs are to be made with management.
The following attire regulations should be followed while visiting Innovative Health & Fitness:
- Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or pictures is not allowed. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Swimsuits are restricted to the pool areas only. No cut-off jeans or gym shorts are allowed in the pool.
- Children must wear tight fitting swimsuits or tight-legged training pants. Disposable undergarments are not permitted.
- Street shoes must be removed before entering pool areas.
- Shorts, sweat pants, leotards and athletic shoes are appropriate attire for activity areas.
Accident, Injury or Incident
We do our best to keep you safe. If an accident, injury or unusual incident occurs, report it to any Innovative Health & Fitness staff member immediately. Innovative Health & Fitness assumes no responsibility for injuries incurred while participating in Innovative Health & Fitness’s activities. It is expected that all members who use Innovative Health & Fitness carry their own medical insurance.
Locker Room Policies
Innovative Health & Fitness respects the privacy of all people using the facility. No usage of devices that capture, record or transfer images are allowed in locker rooms or any part of the facility. Innovative Health & Fitness staff may enter locker rooms to conduct tours, cleaning and other job functions.
Minor Members (children younger than 18)
- Members aged 12-15 can become members of the club, but must join with a parent or legal guardian and must workout with that parent or legal guardian present at all times. Contact membership for complete details.
- Our younger members (12-15) must complete two (2) free kids’ intro sessions with a personal trainer and their parent or legal guardian within the first week of becoming a member of the club. The trainer will evaluate the child’s physical size, muscular development and mental maturity during the orientation to assure the child is ready and capable of using the equipment in a proper and safe manner. Membership privileges may be revoked if a child is seen using fitness equipment in an unsafe manner.
- Memberships are $24.95 and are subject to the annual facility fee.
Child Care Policies
- Parents must be on the premises in order to leave their children in the child care area.* Parents are responsible at all times for the conduct of their children, damages caused by them and for any personal injuries to their children when they are unsupervised.
*The only exception to this rule is during Friday Night Babysitting or specialty babysitting events (drop ‘n shop, etc).
- During open swim time, no children under the age of 12 are allowed in the weight equipment or cardiovascular area at any time. Children 12-15 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Code of Conduct
Using these principles: honesty, responsibility, caring and respect as a guide, we have developed the following Code of Conduct to ensure all whom enter our facility enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment. We ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds these principles at all times when they are in our facility or participating in Innovative Health & Fitness programs. We expect those using Innovative Health & Fitness to behave in a way that shows respect and caring for others, which includes not using any language or engaging in any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Specifically, action that does not show respect to others includes, but is not limited to:
- Attire must be appropriate, including swimsuits only in the pool area, and shoes, shorts and shirt in other areas of the facility.
- Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or pictures is not allowed.
- Use of angry or vulgar language including swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Making physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Engaging in sexual activity or contact with another person.
- Harassing or intimidating by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior.
- Stealing or other behavior which results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices or objects which may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on Innovative property or in vehicles.
- No Smoking. Innovative offers a smoke-free environment for its members.
- Cell phone usage for picture taking is prohibited.
- Member-to-Member personal training is not allowed. All personal training is to be performed by a Certified Personal Trainer.
- Members using audio or visual players (including phones, tablets or other AV devices) must use headphones.
- Restricted use of cellular phones in locker rooms.
- Towels, toiletries and other club property are provided by Innovative as a courtesy to its members during club usage only.
- Removal of club property from the premises may result in the termination of membership privileges without refund.
- Food and drink are only allowed in The Lounge. Water and sports drinks are allowed in spill-proof containers.
- No solicitation by members or guests is permitted without prior written approval from management.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from doing so. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable confronting the person directly, they should report the behavior to a staff person immediately. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff person if assistance is needed.