Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup Buffalo hot sauce
Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl whisk together flour, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping once. Remove from the oven. In a separate bowl stir together melted butter and buffalo sauce. Add baked cauliflower and toss to coat. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet. Place back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy, flipping once. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings. 150 calories per serving. Recipe from www.realhousemoms.com.
Chili Cheese Dip for Game Day
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4.5 oz. can of green chilis
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 400º and spray a 9×9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place olive oil on a large frying pan and heat over medium/high heat. Add onion and minced garlic and sauté until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey to the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the meat is fully browned. Turn heat down to low/medium and add green chiles, tomato paste, pinto beans, and spices. Mix and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add Greek yogurt and 1/3 cup cheese into the meat mixture and combine. Transfer into to a 9×9 inch oven safe pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until dip begins to bubble. Remove from oven and serve with veggies and chips.
Makes 6 servings. 317 calories per serving. Recipe from www.fitfoodiefinds.com
Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 10-oz. plain hummus
- 8-oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove extra moisture
- ¼ tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- ¼ cup cheese (vegans use nutritional yeast or vegan cheese)*
- ½+ can artichokes
- salt + pepper
Preheat your oven to 350° F. Mix hummus, spinach, Italian Seasoning, garlic, and cheese in a bowl until well-combined. Add artichokes to a food processor, and pulse until broken up slightly, then add them to your hummus/spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well to combine. Pour dip into a baking dish and bake 20-30 minutes, or until the dip is nice and hot.
Recipe from www.fooduzzi.com.
Watermelon Feta Bruschetta
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups watermelon, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, cut into fine dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 1 24-inch long loaf of crust Italian for French bread
- 1 garlic clove
In a bowl, toss together watermelon, cheese, chives, mint, vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and mound about 1 tablespoon on oiled side of each toast. To make toasts: Prepare grill or preheat broiler. With a serrated knife, cut bread crosswise into ½-inch thick slices. Arrange bread slices in one layer in a shallow baking pan. Spread with ¼ cup olive oil and garlic and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
Makes 16 servings. 53 calories per serving. Recipe from www.farmflavor.com
Zucchini Cheese “Bread”
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley
- Marinara, for dipping
Preheat over to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On a box grater or in a food processor, grate zucchini. Wring excess moisture out of zucchini with dish towel. Transfer zucchini to a large bowl. Add eggs, garlic, oregano, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan and cornstarch and season with salt and pepper. Stir until completely combined. Transfer “dough” to prepared baking sheet and pat into a crust. Bake until golden and dried out, 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups mozzarella, crushed red pepper flakes and parsley and bake until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Slice and serve with marinara.
Per serving – no nutritional information available. Recipe from www.delish.com
Interested in joining the club? Simple mention that you saw this advertisement while shopping at Pick ‘n Save in Hales Corners today and we’ll cut the joining fee down from $20 to $1 – just for you. Contact membership for details.