3 Ingredient Brownies
- 3 medium, overripe bananas (approximately 1 cup or so)
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (can sub for any smooth nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons – 1/4 cup cocoa powder (more = richer taste)
Preheat the oven the 350° F, grease a small cake pan or loaf pan and set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter. In a large mixing bowl, add the banana, nut butter and cocoa powder and mix very well. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.
No nutritional information available. Recipe from thebigmansworld.com.
Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup instant oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat or gluten-free* flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup agave
- 1 cup finely diced red apple (about 1 medium)
Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the agave. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the apple. Chill for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325° F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325° F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Makes 15 servings. <100 calories per serving. Recipe from amyshealthybaking.com
Chocolate Chip Granola Energy Balls
Also great for a quick breakfast!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or Sunbutter (any nutbutter will do)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave nectar)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
Combine oats, peanut butter, ground flax seed, chocolate chips, honey, chia seeds and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove dough from refrigerator; roll into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
Makes 20 servings. 114 calories per serving. Recipe from www.allrecipes.com.
Pear Ginger Crisp
- 4 ripe pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons water
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray. Combine the pears, ¼ cup of the sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, the ginger, ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the vanilla in a bowl. Spoon into the baking dish. Combine the remaining ¼ cup sugar, ½ cup flour, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, the oats, butter and water in another bowl until crumbs form. Sprinkle over the pears. Bake until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden, 40-50 minutes. Cool on a rack 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings. 240 calories per serving.
Interested in joining the club? Simple mention that you saw this advertisement while shopping at Pick ‘n Save in Hales Corners today and we’ll cut the joining fee down from $20 to $1 – just for you. Contact membership for details.